Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Ultimate Test for Essential Oils

K, as some of you may know, I've recently fallen in love with Young Living Essential Oils. And they've helped me and my family immensely. My oldest hasn't taken his allergy medicine since we got the oils (and his allergies were really bad!), I don't have heartburn anymore, and we just feel better on the whole.

So I've come up with the ultimate test for how well these amazing oils work.
(Well, my husband came up with it.)

My youngest ("unofficially") has Impulse Control Disorder. He is unable to keep himself from hitting, kicking, breaking, throwing, etc.

Now. Some of you might be saying, "Well, he's 4. That's what 4-year-olds do." No. Not to this extreme. I've babysat, I've worked in daycare, and I have 2 kids older than him. Trust me, I know what 4-year-old behavior is. This is not it. I took him to the doctor, and he said it looks like Impulse Control Disorder. I am supposed to take him to the psychiatrist  get an official diagnosis, but they want to wait until the school does their testing. So, while I'm waiting for the school to stop twiddling their thumbs, I thought I'd give essential oils a try.

Also, I do not want to medicate him. So even after we get the "official" diagnosis, I will need to rely on oils for treatment.

These are the oils I'm using:

Vetiver – This musky, smoky essential oil is not well-known, but in a few years it might be. Just the smell of vetiver has an almost magical ability to calm over-energized kids and help them to connect and relate to people in more patient and agreeable ways. Children, teenagers, and adults can apply the oil on their big toes which is the brain reflex point. Vetiver is especially helpful for those ADD adults and teens who also suffer from depression.


Lavender – Known as the “universal oil,” lavender is good for almost everything. One of its most well-known properties is as a sedative and for calming the body and mind. Rubbing a few drops on a child’s feet, shoulders, or chest can help them relax and sleep more easily. But be aware: lavender is one of the most commonly adulterated oils and difficult to find pure (labels can be misleading on this one). That's why we've chosen Young Living.

Cedarwood – Considered one of the holy healing oils, cedarwood is often referred to in Christian scriptures. It is high in sesquiterpenes, the chemical compounds which stimulate brain function and mental synergy, and help the body to rewrite old genetic patterns into healthier new ones (useful for kids with ADHD because it's considered an inherited disorder). This oil can be applied on the forehead and neck, inhaled, and massaged on the brain stem at the base of the skull.

So... I'll be posting how things are going with him. I've just ordered the Vetiver and Cedarwood today, so it'll be about a week before I can fully implement this course of treatment. Prayers are appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment