Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 21 Starts Tomorrow...

K, so, we've been using Easy Peasy as our homeschool curriculum this year. And I have to say, it's just amazing! There is no planning for me (which is good because I tend to be very unorganized) because everything is all laid out on the site. I just go thru and print any necessary .pdf files. Once printed, I write the day # on top of the page and stick it in a 3-ring binder. All set! There's even a daily progress chart that you can print, and you cross off the day you just finished so you know where you are. EASY! :D

Because I can, here's a screenshot of Easy Peasy's Homepage:
The grades are all linked on the right, and the content is on the left. 

I do have to warn you, though, though this is a Christian, bible-based, young-earth-believing curriculum, there is a bit of evolution taught. And that's ok with me for 2 reasons:
1. It's out there. They will be exposed to it at some point. And I'd rather it be in our home with my husband and I present than somewhere else when we have no control or knowledge of what they're learning and what the biblical rebuttal is.
2. I believe that if you're going to combat something, you should know something about it. You know the saying "know your enemy?" Well, I believe our children should know their enemy. If they are to learn how to answer questions against evolution, they should know something about evolution. Once they learn what it is, they can learn why it's faulty.

Anywho, back to how great this curriculum is. Matty (my 5-year-old) is really doing well learning his letters! He'll be reading in no time! I'm so excited for him. He wants to learn how to read so badly! lol!

And Josh (my 9-year-old) was so excited about the digestive system, that he rehashed everything he learned for his younger brothers. 

It's exciting to see them learning. And thanks to Easy Peasy, it's very, well, easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment